Dr. Signe Beebe, DVM
About Dr. Signe Beebe
Dr. Beebe received her DVM from Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine. After graduation, she practiced veterinary emergency medicine and critical care exclusively until 1997. During that time, she owned and operated a 24-hour animal emergency medicine and critical care facility in central Washington state.
She began her study of alternative and complementary medicine modalities in 1994. She relocated to California in 1997, where she practices integrative veterinary medicine. That is, when appropriate, she combines conventional veterinary medical care with the other complementary and alternative therapies she is trained in.
Dr. Beebe has a special interest in the application of Chinese herbal medicine, food therapy and intravenous Vitamin C (for more on IV Vitamin C click here) for the treatment of cancer, and in the use of veterinary prolotherapy to rehabilitate and treat chronic musculoskeletal pain conditions (for more on prolotherapy click here).
Dr. Beebe is Certified in:
- Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Chinese Food Therapy, Tui-Na (Chinese Medical Massage) by the Chi Institute of Chinese Veterinary Medicine & China National Society of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCM)
- Certificate in Canine Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy from the University of Tennessee
- Certified Usui Reiki Master
Dr. Beebe served thirteen years in the United States Army, three years on active duty for the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky and ten years as a veterinary officer in the Army Reserve, where she helped organize veterinary corps humanitarian aid missions for third world countries and provided veterinary care to military working dogs.
Dr. Beebe is a recognized world expert in Chinese veterinary medicine and she regularly lectures at scientific meetings in the US and internationally. Because Dr, Beebe maintains a full teaching schedule as well as clinical practice. She is available by appointment only.
Dr. Beebe has recently co-authored the first reference textbook on veterinary applications of classical Chinese herbal formulas Chinese Herbal Formulas for Veterinarians (for more info click here) with and Dr. John Chen, PhD, PharmD, OMD, LAc and Dr. Tina Chen, MS, Lac the authors of Chinese Medical Herbology and Pharmacology, and Chinese Herbal Formulas and Applications. She has also has written a chapter on small animal Chinese medicine endocrinology for the textbook Practical Chinese Veterinary Medicine, to be published by the Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine. Dr Beebe is the co-author of Clinical Handbook of Chinese Veterinary Herbal Medicine with Dr. Michael Salewski DVM, John Scott DOM and Lorena Monda DOM. She is a faculty member of the Chi Institute of Chinese Veterinary Medicine, LOTUS Institute of Integrative Medicine, and associate editor and board member of The American Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Dr. Beebe is a Member of:
- American Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- The International Veterinary Acupuncture Society
- American Academy of Veterinary Acupuncture
- Chi Institute of Chinese Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Botanical Medicine Association
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Institute of Integrative Medicine
- Thorne Research Veterinary Advisory Board
- Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- The American Veterinary Medical Association
- World Association of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (WATCVM) Board Member